Wilderness Press John Muir Trail - 6th Edition
John Muir Trail is a comprehensive guide to hiking sections or the entire 220-mile passage of California's most famed trail through the mildest climate of any major mountain range in the world.
- Describes the 220-mile passage of the John Muir Trail (JMT) from Yosemite Valley to the summit of Mount Whitney
- Divides the trail into 13 sections and provides key information on each, including elevation profiles, distance from previous point and total mileage
- Includes detailed directions and UTM coordinates to locate important junctions, lateral trails, campsites, food-storage boxes and points of interest
- Features a comprehensive table of campsites, 17 topographic maps and 15 side trips to notable peaks
- Provides pre-trip planning information including details on food resupplies, gear, permits and more
Made in USA.From the publisher:View all Wilderness Press California Hiking Guidebooks
Stretching 220 miles from Yosemite Valley to Mount Whitney and onward to Whitney Portal, California's famed John Muir Trail (JMT) is one of the most popular backpacking routes in the U.S. It passes through some of the most dramatic scenery in the country: massive granite peaks, dizzying waterfalls, pristine alpine lakes and vibrant meadows filled with Sierra wildflowers. Whether you're hiking the entire JMT or just sections of it, you'll find expert start-to-finish advice in the updated edition of this guidebook.
State / Province
9 x 6 inches
Number of Pages
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...