Straight Grain Supply Dual-Grit Axe Sharpening Stone
Purpose-built to bring well-worn bits and blades back to life, this Dual-Grit axe sharpening stone from Straight Grain Supply features 80 grit on one side and 220 grit on the other.
- 80 grit side removes steel in a controlled manner for repairing chips and reshaping blades from heavy use
- 220 grit side refines the blade for additional sharpening; it's also perfect for keeping an edge maintained
- This combination is ideal for repairing axe blades by hand, without worry about damaging the steel's temper on a bench grinder or other automatic sharpening device
- A recessed finger groove between the sides and a removable rubber band provide excellent grip when manipulating the stone
- Included rubber band is American-made from EDPM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer); can be removed for use in a variety of outdoor applications
- Recessed finger groove and band combination provide secure grip and help to keep your hand positioned well above the cutting plane; gloves are highly recommended
- Each stone is made from evenly graded aluminum oxide granules, which cuts fast and consistently
- Oil is not required; water is recommended
- For use on all edged tools
- Portable design is well suited to field use
- Note: each stone is set and cut by hand; some variation in size and color may occur
Made in USA.View all Straight Grain Supply Knife Sharpeners
Diameter: 3 inches
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...