Electra Townie Go! 7D Step-Thru Electric Bike
Built to go farther, the Electra Townie Go! 7D Step-Thru electric bike brings together the convenience and fun of an e-bike with signature Electra style and patented Flat Foot Technology®.
- With 3 levels of support, the 250W Hyena rear hub motor reaches a top-assisted speed of 20 mph with a range of up to 40 mi.; delivers 40 Nm of torque across speeds
- Fully integrated battery provides a lower center of gravity and balanced weight distribution for a smooth ride and a clean look
- Ready to roll on a full charge in 4 hrs.
- Patented Flat Foot Technology ensures an upright, relaxed and comfortable ride
- Shimano Revo twist shifter with an optical gear display and Shimano Tourney TY rear derailleur provide smooth shifting through 7 gears
- Front and rear mechanical disc brakes provide powerful stopping
- 26 x 2.35 in. tires make for a stable, comfortable ride
- Ergonomic saddle with shock-absorbing elastomers provides comfort for all types of riders
- Fender, rack and ring-lock compatible (not included)
- Customize your ride with a bag, basket or bell (not included)
- Note: Electra recommends the removal or replacement of battery by an authorized mechanic
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This e-bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Electra Townie Product LineView all Electra Electric City Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- An additional year of free adjustments (2 total years; see below)
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All electric bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for the defined period (one year after purchase date for non-members, or two years for REI Co-op Members)—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation, chain lubrication and e-bike firmware updates. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Class 1: pedal assist up to 20 mph
Motor Torque (Nm)
40 Newton meters
Battery Capacity (Wh)
250 watt hours
Charge Time (hrs)
Pedal Assist Range
Hi-ten steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
Forged alloy 170 mm, 42T chainring
Hyena T47 with integrated torque and cadence sensor
7-speed twist with optical gear display
Number of Gears
Mechanical Disc Brake
Anodized alloy 26 in., 36h
Alloy low-flange with 6-bolt disc, 36h, quick-releases
6-bolt disc, 36h, nutted
Balloon, 26 x 2.35 in.
Alloy custom bend 25.9 in. width, 4 in. rise
Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
Alloy straight post 27.2 x 400 mm
Ergonomic with shock-absorbing elastomers
Resin platform with nonslip rubber tread
1-1/8 in. steel threaded/semi-integrated
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
One Size Height Range 4'11" - 5'11" Reach 32.3 Stack 59.7 Seat Tube Center-Top 45.0 Standover Height 47.8 Head Tube Length 21.7 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 69.0 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 67.0 Wheelbase 117.4
Measurements are stated in centimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...