Electra Townie Go! 5i Step-Over Electric Bike
Powered by Bosch to shorten distances and give you a boost over the hills, the Electra Townie Go! 5i step-over electric bike is a great choice, whether you're a daily rider or looking to get out more.
- Patented Flat Foot Technology® geometry offers a relaxed, efficient pedaling position and allows you to easily and comfortably put both feet down on the ground when stopped
- Bosch Active Line Plus 250 W mid-frame motor reaches a top assisted speed of 20 mph, helping you carry groceries and tackle steep hills, without the sweat
- Bosch Purion display tracks your ride statistics and makes changing between assist modes a breeze
- Pedal-assist takes you 20–70 mi., with 4 levels of support from Eco to Turbo
- PowerPack 400 battery charges quickly with the 4 amp charger
- Internally geared Shimano Nexus Inter-5e rear hub is specifically designed and calibrated for the power of an e-bike motor
- Puncture-resistant 26 x 2.35 in. balloon tires offer a smooth ride over any terrain
- Color-matched fenders keep you clean, while front and rear LED lighting add visibility for riding in low-light conditions
- Included rear rack lets you carry your gear on the bike; equipped with MIK compatibility to easily secure any MIK accessory (not included)
- A frame-mounted lock near the rear tire helps keep your ride secure on quick stops
- Ergonomic saddle and grips add comfort to your ride
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This e-bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Electra Townie Product LineView all Electra Electric City Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- An additional year of free adjustments (2 total years; see below)
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All electric bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for the defined period (one year after purchase date for non-members, or two years for REI Co-op Members)—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation, chain lubrication and e-bike firmware updates. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Class 1: pedal assist up to 20 mph
Bosch Active Line Plus 250 W
Motor Torque (Nm)
50 Newton meters
Battery Capacity (Wh)
400 watt hours
Charge Time (hrs)
Pedal Assist Range
Hi-ten steel unicrown, straight/tapered legs
Forged Alloy 170 mm, Bosch Type, 38T FSA Chainring
5-speed twist with optical display
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Painted or Anodized Alloy 26" 36 h
Alloy low-flange with Centerlock disc brake 36h
Shimano Nexus Inter-5E 5-speed internal with Centerlock disc brake, 36h
Schwalbe Fat Frank 26 x 2.35 in. balloon with puncture-resistant Kevlar Guard casing
Alloy custom bend 25.9 in. width; 4 in. rise
Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
Alloy micro-adjust 27.2 x 400 mm
Ergonomic with shock-absorbing elastomers
Alloy platform with nonslip rubber tread
1-1/8 in. steel threaded/semi-integrated
KMC Z1EHX nickel plated
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
One Size Height Range 5'3" - 6'3" Reach 31.6 Stack 61.6 Seat Tube Center-Top 50.5 Standover Height 73.3 Head Tube Length 23.7 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 69.0 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 67.0 Wheelbase 119.6
Measurements are stated in centimeters.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...