Mountaineers Books Journeys North: The Pacific Crest Trail
In Journeys North, legendary trail angel and thru-hiker Barney Scout Mann spins a compelling tale of 6 hikers on the Pacific Crest Trail in 2007 as they walk from Mexico to Canada.
- This ensemble story unfolds as the hikers—including Barney and his wife, Sandy—tread north, slowly forming relationships and revealing their deepest secrets and aspirations
- They face a once-in-a-generation drought and severe early winter storms that test their will in this bare-knuckled adventure
- In fact, only a third of all the hikers who set out on the trail that year would finish
- As the group approaches Canada, a storm rages; how will these very different hikers—ranging in age, gender and background—respond to the hardship and suffering ahead of them?
- Can they all make the final 60 mi. push through freezing temperatures, sleet and snow—or will some reach their breaking point?
- Journeys North is a story of grit, compassion and the relationships people forge when they strive toward a common goal
Imported.View all Mountaineers Books Non-Fictional Adventures
9 x 6 inches
Barney Scout Mann
|Number of Pages|