National Geographic Shenandoah National Park Day Hikes Topographic Map Guide
Designed for all levels of hiking enthusiasts, the National Geographic Shenandoah National Park Day Hikes topographic map guide journeys on 16 diverse hikes ranging from easy to strenuous.
- Each hike includes a detailed map, trail profile visualizing the changes in elevation and a short summary of features you'll encounter along the way
- Includes 16 diverse hikes for all hiking enthusiasts from the easy 3-mile Stony Man Loop to the strenuous 9.4-mile Wildcat Ridge to Chimney Rock Loop
- National Geographic Topographic Map Guides are easier to use and more convenient than folded maps
- Printed on Backcountry Tough waterproof, tear-resistant paper with stainless-steel staples
- Your purchase helps support National Geographic Society nonprofit's mission of research, education, conservation and exploration
Made in USA.
Shenandoah National Park rises above the Virginia Piedmont to its east and the Shenandoah Valley to its west with 2 peaks, Stony Man and Hawksbill, exceeding 4,000 feet. The park hosts over 500 miles of trails, including 101 miles of the Appalachian National Scenic Trail. Trails lead to cascading waterfalls, stunning panorama viewpoints and deep into forest and wilderness.
The topographic map shows must-see sites, including 93 ft. Overall Run Falls, the largest waterfall in Shenandoah National Park; Compton Peak's 2 scenic viewpoints; a unique columnar jointing geologic feature; and Jones Run Falls, a 42 ft. cascading waterfall surrounded by ancient rocks and moss.
|State / Province
9.25 x 4.25 inches