NOLS Wilderness Medicine - 6th Edition
This product is not available.Shop similar products
Indispensable instruction for Wilderness First Responder programs, the NOLS Wilderness Medicine - 6th Edition delivers updated first-aid information that is both authoritative and easy to understand.
- A wilderness educator for decades, author Tod Schimelpfenig is the curriculum director for the NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute
- Used on NOLS courses to train outdoor leaders to prevent, recognize and treat common medical problems and to stabilize severely ill or injured patients for evacuation
- A vital resource for outdoor enthusiasts, this book covers fundamental topics in first aid from the unique perspective of NOLS
- Covers first-aid topics including patient assessment, shock, soft tissue injury, burns, fractures, dislocations and chest, head and abdominal injuries
- Explains how to handle environmental problems posed by heat, cold, water, altitude and poisonous plants and animals
- Also discusses issues related to expedition medicine, leadership, teamwork and communication for rescue groups
- Author: Tod Schimelpfenig
- Softcover; 331 pages; black-and-white illustrations
- National Outdoor Leadership School; copyright 2016
Made in USA.View all NOLS First-Aid Instructional Books
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...