Pittsburgh Pinnacle Climbing Wall
The REI Pittsburgh Pinnacle is a 34' replica of the Castleton Tower in Castle Valley, Utah. First summited in 1962, Castleton Tower is known as one of America's "50 Classic Climbs". More than 40 years after Layton Kor and Huntley Ingalls reached the summit, the Kor-Ingalls route is still the tower's most popular, with a rating of 5.9+. But you don't need to climb at a 5.9 level—the Pinnacle offers routes for newcomers to seasoned climbers!
All climbers must complete and turn in an REI release of liability form prior to climbing. Minors (18 and under) must have this form signed by their legal guardian. (Notes, phone calls or altered REI forms are not acceptable.) Download the liability waiver. PDF (44k)
The Pinnacle is open for drop-in climbing.
- Saturday: 11am–8pm
- Sunday: 12pm–4:30pm
REI members can reserve a 3 hour private climbing party for groups of all sizes. The prices below include your shoes, harness and helmets for children. This is a fun outing for your Scout troop, a team-building experience with co-workers or a great activity to share with friends. All ages can participate, and no climbing experience is required. Please call Customer Service at 412-488-9410 for information and reservations.
- REI members and immediate family: FREE
- Non-members: $10
- Up to 8 climbers: $69
- 9 or more climbers: $99
Not a member? Enjoy all the benefits with a one-time, $20 fee. Learn about REI membership and join today!
- Sign in with name and membership number.
- All climbers must complete the REI Release of Liability waiver prior to climbing. Minors 18 and under must have this form signed by their parent or responsible adult. (Notes, phone calls, faxes, notes from home, or altered REI forms are not acceptable.) Download the liability waiver. PDF (44k)
- Please do not put on shoes or harnesses until your turn to climb is called. Belayer will call your name over the loudspeaker.
- Absolutely no food or drink of any kind permitted in the climbing area.
- No street shoes of any kind may be in contact with the crash pads. Spectators, please remove your shoes if you are facing the Wall. They may be placed under the benches.
- Please do not wear climbing shoes (store owned or your own) outside of the climbing area into the rest of the store.
- After your initial climb you may sign your name on the back of the signup sheet to climb again.
- We reserve the right to limit each climber to 2 climbs during times of high traffic.
- Do not play with or handle equipment not being used. Parents, please do not let your children hang from, or play with, ropes.
- The Belayer is in charge of the climbing area. His or Her primary responsibility is the safety of our climbers. He or She reserves the right to suspend privileges for the day for safety or repeated rule violations.