Menasha Ridge Press 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: New York City - 3rd Edition
Need a few ideas of where to go for a quick getaway near NYC? The updated 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: New York City leads you to 60 trails within a short drive of downtown.
- You don't have to travel far to find a variety of outstanding hikes—this fully updated and expanded guide gets you into serene surroundings in short order
- Includes a hike for every taste and mood—covers short hikes, long hikes, hikes for kids, urban hikes, rural hikes, wildlife and wildflower hikes and historic hikes
- Rich trail descriptions, maps and black-and-white photos allow you to assess each trail before you hike it, and elevation profiles alert you to steep terrain
- GPS-based overview maps give you accurate trail information, and written directions lead you to the trailheads
- Key information sidebar displays length, elevation gain, difficulty, trail surface, traffic, hiking time, access, best season, maps and facilities
- Also features a list of recommended outdoor shops, hiking clubs and green space organizations
Made in USA.From the publisher: You can always put in a few miles in Central Park, but instead, why not enjoy the rugged wilds of the forests and highlands surrounding New York City? Unbounded by state lines, the trails awaiting hikers in 60 Hikes within 60 Miles: New York City showcase swamp streams and roaring waterfalls, hidden lakes and bald summits, including a meandering ascent of Jenny Jump Mountain in New Jersey, a deep exploration of Connecticut's Trout Brook Valley, and a scenic section of the Appalachian Trail that runs by Fitzgerald Falls in New York.View the Menasha Ridge Press 60 Hikes within 60 Miles Product LineView all Menasha Ridge Press New England and Mid-Atlantic Hiking Guidebooks
9 x 6 inches
Christopher and Catherine Brooks
Number of Pages
Menasha Ridge Press
State / Province
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...