- NanoPro fabric is 43% more breathable than the previous PreCip technology, keeping you drier and more comfortable
- Jacket is lightweight, durable and compressible; 100% taped seams help seal out the elements
- DryTouch finish next to the skin reduces condensation and that sticky, clammy feeling
- Pit zips let you release excess heat build-up quickly and circulate fresh air when you're hiking hard
- Fully adjustable hood rolls up and stores away inside the collar when not needed
- Stormflap over front zipper secures with hook-and-loop closures; DriClime® chin guard wicks away moisture and is soft against skin
- Zippered hand pockets allow easy access even with a pack on; one pocket serves as a stuff sack
- Drawcord hem; hook-and-loop cuff adjustments
- Marmot PreCip Rain Jacket, with Angel-Wing Movement™, allows full range of arm motion and prevents jacket from riding up when arms are raised
|Type Of Waterproofing||PreCip NanoPro 2.5-layer waterproof breathable membrane|
Is the hood adjustable in the back? I'm looking for something that is good in heavy rain and will keep my face dry too. I want to make sure that the hood won't fall off constantly.
I bought this jacket 2 years ago and it is no longer waterproof - is there anything I can apply to it to make it waterproof? Thank you!
What is the weight of this rain coat with pants in XL
I am debating between the rain jacket and the NorthFace Venture. The main difference I am seeing is the hood. Is the Marmot hood more difficult to keep up since i is not attached to the collar?
Does this coat make a lot of crinkling noise when worn? I'm returning a North Face jacket with HyVent waterproofing I bought because I don't want to be listening to my jacket making noises while I'm hiking.
Does the Marmot Precip jacket unzip fro the bottom as well as the neck??
I'm undecided between 3 rain jackets: Marmot Precip, North Face Venture and Patagonia Torrentshell. Which is the most waterproof? the least? The Marmot seems the lightest- don't know if that matters. (And is it me or is red the hot color this year?)
I'm seeing a lot of reviews saying the jacket's waterproofing wears out within a year or two. These reviews are also a year or two old. Has there been any upgrade in this regard? I'd like to spend money on a jacket that will last at least 4-5 years...