Glaciers, countless lakes and ample recreation opportunities make these National Geographic Wind River Range topographic maps a must-have for visitors entering from Pinedale, Dubois or Lander.
- Both north and south maps are centered on the Wind River Range
- Each lake with fish is highlighted to help anglers find just the right spot
- Each section of trail includes mileage information to help with planning; steep sections of trail are marked so hikers will know what to expect on their trip
- The Continental Divide Trail transects this area on its way from Mexico to Canada
- The Wyoming State Department of Fish and Game provides data on known fish presence for the thousands of lakes that appear on this map
- Full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with navigation
- Printed on Backcountry Tough waterproof, tear-resistant paper
- Your purchase helps support National Geographic Society nonprofit's mission of research, education, conservation and exploration
Made in USA.
The Wind River Range of Northwest Wyoming encompasses an area of more than 3,500 square miles. Locally known as "The Winds," the range contains a combination of jagged granite rock, alpine forest, open meadows, over 1,300 named lakes and the largest glacier in the American Rockies. Recreation opportunities are distributed across the landscape with hiking, camping, fishing and snowmobiling to list just a few.
|State / Province|
9.25 x 4.25 inches
37.75 x 25.5 inches