Co-op Cycles CTY e1.1 Electric Bike
A little sporty—but not taking things too seriously—the Co-op Cycles CTY e1.1 electric bike zips assuredly around town thanks to the pedal-assist power and flat-resistant tires.
- Low stand-over height design makes the bike easy to get on and off and easy to stabilize while standing at a stop
- Upright riding position gives you great visibility; adjustable stem lets you fine-tune the cockpit to fit you
- Bafang 250W hub-drive motor offers a smooth ride with 5 pedal-assist modes, plus a walk mode
- Bafang 43V/450Wh battery comes equipped with a lock so you can feel confident parking it around town; can be removed to charge at your desk at work or in your garage
- Touch points like seat, hand position and grips are designed with a focus on comfort
- 27.5 x 1.95 in. flat-resistant tires let you roll fast on city streets and roll over obstacles
- Durable 36-hole double-wall rims ride mile after mile
- Hydraulic disc brakes deliver reliable stopping power
- Included front light runs on the battery so you don't need to think about keeping them charged; included rear light uses easily replaceable household batteries
- Battery charger included
- Center kickstand is easy to use and super stable
- Tested 40-mile range depends on many factors; to get the most out of your range, use lower modes more frequently and save higher modes for hills
- Bicycle weight limit is 300 lbs. total, including rider + all gear carried on the bike and on the rider's body
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This e-bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Co-op Cycles CTY Product LineView all Co-op Cycles Electric City Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- An additional year of free adjustments (2 total years; see below)
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All electric bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for the defined period (one year after purchase date for non-members, or two years for REI Co-op Members)—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation, chain lubrication and e-bike firmware updates. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Class 1: pedal assist up to 20 mph
Bafang 250W with Bafang 43V/450Wh removable battery
Motor Torque (Nm)
45 Newton meters
Battery Capacity (Wh)
450 watt hours
Charge Time (hrs)
Pedal Assist Range
Aluminum with 1-1/8 x 1-1/2 in. tapered steer tube
Aluminum with steel 42T
Shimano Altus, EZ-Fire, 7-speed
Shimano Altus, 7-speed
Shimano 14-34T, 7-speed
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Tektro Hydraulic with 180 mm rotors
Co-op Cycles double-wall, 36h
Schwalbe Big Ben 27.5 x 1.95 in. with flat protection
Co-op Cycles 6061 aluminum
Promax HQ adjustable
Co-op Comfort Plus with memory foam
1-1/8 x 1-1/2 in. threadless
KMC for e-bike
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
S M L Height Range 5' - 5' 6" 5' 5" - 5' 10" 5' 9" - 6' 3" Reach 370 380 390 Stack 570.6 584.7 603.5 Effective Top Tube 544.4 564.3 586.1 Seat Tube Center-Top 385 435 485 Standover Height 679.6 744.6 766.7 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 70 70 70 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73 72.5 72 Wheelbase 1047 1063 1079.4 Chainstay 450 450 450 Fork Offset 46 46 46
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...