A drop-bar mountain bike with huge tire clearance and cargo mounts galore, the Salsa Fargo Apex 1 is compatible with multiple wheel sizes and drivetrains, making it adaptable to every adventure.
- Triple-butted chromoly steel frame with split-able Alternator 1.5 dropouts allows for multiple drivetrain setups and belt drive compatibility
- Firestarter 110 Deluxe carbon fork features a 110 x 15 mm thru axle, 2 sets of Three-Pack mounts on each leg, mid-blade rack mounts, fender mounts and dynamo cable routing
- SRAM Apex 1 offers reliable shifting with the gear range to take on many adventures
- Durable, tubeless-ready 29 x 2.2 in. Teravail Sparwood tires were designed with off-road adventures, mixed terrain rides and bikepacking in mind
- Huge fork and frame clearance allows for up to 29 x 3.0 in. tires (up to 29 x 2.6 in. on X-Small frames), providing cushion for rugged roads
- Fargo geometry and spacing accommodates 27.5+, 29er and 29+ platforms, making it a highly capable bike that's ready for almost any endeavor
- Fender mounts on fork and frame let you add fenders (not included) for all-weather riding; 29 x 2.2 in. maximum tire clearance with fenders
- Pedals not included
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Fargo triple-butted chromoly steel
Firestarter 110 Deluxe, carbon
Truvativ Stylo 6K DUB, 32T
SRAM Apex 1
SRAM Apex 1
SRAM PG-1130, 11-42T
|Number of Gears|
Mechanical Disc Brake
TRP Spyre-C (160 mm rotors)
SRAM Apex 1
WTB ST i25 TCS 2.0 32-hole
15 x 110 mm WTB Serra
12 x 148 mm Serra hub
Teravail Sparwood 29 x 2.2 in., durable, tubeless-ready
WTB Volt Steel SL medium
Cane Creek 40
|Effective Top Tube||520||540||565||590||620|
|Seat Tube Center-Top||355.6||406.4||457.2||508||558.8|
|Head Tube Length||90||110||140||170||190|
|Head Tube Angle (degrees)||68.5||69||69||69||69|
|Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||74||74||73||73||73|
|Bottom Bracket Height||70||70||70||70||70|
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.