Salsa Fargo Apex 1 Bike
A drop-bar mountain bike with huge tire clearance and cargo mounts galore, the Salsa Fargo Apex 1 is compatible with multiple wheel sizes and drivetrains, making it adaptable to every adventure.
- Triple-butted chromoly steel frame with split-able Alternator 1.5 dropouts allows for multiple drivetrain setups and belt drive compatibility
- Firestarter 110 Deluxe carbon fork features a 110 x 15 mm thru axle, 2 sets of Three-Pack mounts on each leg, mid-blade rack mounts, fender mounts and dynamo cable routing
- SRAM Apex 1 offers reliable shifting with the gear range to take on many adventures
- Durable, tubeless-ready 29 x 2.2 in. Teravail Sparwood tires were designed with off-road adventures, mixed terrain rides and bikepacking in mind
- Huge fork and frame clearance allows for up to 29 x 3.0 in. tires (up to 29 x 2.6 in. on X-Small frames), providing cushion for rugged roads
- Fargo geometry and spacing accommodates 27.5+, 29er and 29+ platforms, making it a highly capable bike that's ready for almost any endeavor
- Fender mounts on fork and frame let you add fenders (not included) for all-weather riding; 29 x 2.2 in. maximum tire clearance with fenders
- Pedals not included
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View all Salsa Gravel Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Bike Frame Material
Fargo triple-butted chromoly steel
Firestarter 110 Deluxe, carbon
Truvativ Stylo 6K DUB, 32T
SRAM Apex 1
SRAM Apex 1
SRAM PG-1130, 11-42T
Number of Gears
Mechanical Disc Brake
TRP Spyre-C (160 mm rotors)
SRAM Apex 1
WTB ST i25 TCS 2.0 32-hole
15 x 110 mm WTB Serra
12 x 148 mm Serra hub
Teravail Sparwood 29 x 2.2 in., durable, tubeless-ready
WTB Volt Steel SL medium
Cane Creek 40
XS S M L XL Height Range 5'0''-5'4'' 5'3''-5'9'' 5'8''-6'0'' 5'11''-6'3'' 6'2''-UP Reach 350 364 368 385 409 Stack 594 615 643 671 690 Effective Top Tube 520 540 565 590 620 Seat Tube Center-Top 355.6 406.4 457.2 508 558.8 Standover Height 690 732 778 821 859 Head Tube Length 90 110 140 170 190 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 68.5 69 69 69 69 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 74 74 73 73 73 Bottom Bracket Height 70 70 70 70 70 Wheelbase 1050-1067 1067-1084 1083-1100 1110-1127 1141-1158 Chainstay 445-462 445-462 445-462 445-462 445-462 Fork Offset 51 51 51 51 51
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...