Smith Icon MIPS Snow Helmet
An FIS-approved race helmet designed for the high speeds of alpine ski racing, the Smith Icon MIPS snow helmet lets you soar down the mountain with focus and confidence.
- Rotational motion can cause brain injuries; with MIPS, a low-friction layer slides 10 to 15 mm in all directions, reducing rotational motion to the brain during impact
- Shell features an advanced ABS, engineered-plastic formulated for ultrahigh impact strength and resistance to low temperatures
- Aerocore in-mold construction delivers ventilated protection featuring patented Koroyd material, integrated skeletal structure and aramid filament reinforcement
- Koroyd is an open-cell protective material that absorbs more energy on impact than traditional helmets while also increasing airflow
- Engineered EPP core placement for multiple gate impacts
- Helmet is designed to match goggles-frame curvature, eliminating the gap while allowing warm, moist air to vent away from goggles
- XT2® antibacterial performance lining inhibits the growth of bacteria that consume sweat and cause odors
- Plush lining and ear pad construction reduces noise interference
- Intuitive strap system features a Fidlock® magnetic buckle that can be adjusted with one hand, even while wearing gloves; adjustment system also eliminates leftover webbing
- For slalom disciplines, Smith makes an Icon-compatible removable chin guard (not included)
- Certification: Conforms to FIS RH 2013 requirements; ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 CLASS B, FIS RH 2013
Imported.To find your size, position a tape measure just above your ears and about 1 in. above your eyebrows. Keep the tape level to measure the circumference around the largest part of your head and then find the corresponding size in the Technical specs info.View all Smith Men's Ski Helmets
Advanced ABS shell construction
S: 20.1-21.2 inches
M: 21.7-23.2 inches
L: 23.2-24 inches
M: 1 lb. 8.7 oz.
L: 1 lb. 9 oz.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...