Petzl RAD System
An ideal bottom-of-the-pack solution for backcountry skiers, the ultralight and compact Petzl RAD (Rescue and Descent) System is a complete kit enabling crevasse rescue, rappelling and glacier travel.
- Kit includes 30m of RAD Line 6mm cord, 3 Sm'D screw-lock carabiners, 1 Tibloc rope clamp/grab ascender, 1 Micro Traxion progress-capture pulley and 1 St'Anneau 120cm sling
- 30m RAD Line is a flexible 6mm cord with rough-textured sheath for excellent handling and descent control when rappelling, and to aid in braking when arresting a crevasse fall
- Hyperstatic RAD Line has less than 2% elongation, facilitating rescue maneuvers and eliminating the yo-yo effect during rappels or fall arrest in a crevasse
- Equipment is contained in a compact storage bag that's designed for easy access and quick action
- Cord is folded for immediate use, eliminating risk of knots or twists
- 2 loops on the exterior of the pouch make it easy to attach it to your harness or inside your backpack
- Sewn webbing loops on the top of the bag enable attachment of all components of the kit
- Ice screw holder on the outside of the pouch
Imported.View all Petzl Static and Rescue Ropes
Rope Length (m)
Rope Diameter (mm)
11 x 5.9 x 4.3 inches
Weight per Foot
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...