Co-op Cycles CTY e2.1 Electric Bike
Quick, nimble and easy to ride, the Co-op Cycles CTY e2.1 electric bike makes getting around town breezy fun, with multimode pedal assist, a stable, upright ride and integrated cargo-ready rear rack.
- Low stand-over height design makes the bike easy to get on and off and easy to stabilize while standing at a stop
- Upright riding position gives you great visibility; adjustable stem lets you fine-tune the cockpit to fit you
- Shimano e5000 motor is the strong, silent type, offering 3 pedal-assist modes, plus a walk mode
- Shimano E8014 418Wh battery comes equipped with an ABUS lock so you can feel confident parking it around town
- Suntour front suspension fork smooths out the ride with 75mm of travel
- 27.5 x 1.95 in. tires let you roll fast on city streets and roll over obstacles
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes deliver reliable, nuanced stopping power
- Integrated rear rack facilitates grocery runs, commuting or adding a kid carrier; pannier compatible with a weight limit of 59 lbs
- Included front and rear lights run on the battery so you don't need to think about keeping them charged
- Battery charger included
- Center kickstand is easy to use and super stable
- Bicycle weight limit is 300 lbs. total, including rider + all gear carried on the bike and on the rider's body
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.Free Adjustment Period:View the Co-op Cycles CTY Product Line View all Co-op Cycles Electric City Bikes
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Class 1: pedal assist up to 20 mph
Shimano E5000 250W with Shimano E8014 36V/418Wh battery (max torque output 40Nm)
Motor Torque (Nm)
40 Newton meters
Battery Capacity (Wh)
418 watt hours
Charge Time (hrs)
Pedal Assist Range
Bike Frame Material
Shimano Acera, Rapidfire plus, 9-speed
Shimano Alivio RD-M3100, 9-speed
Shimano HG200; 11-34, 9-speed
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Co-op Cycles double-wall, 36h
Schwalbe Big Ben 27.5 x 1.95 in.
Co-op Cycles 6061 aluminum
Promax HQ adjustable
Co-op Comfort Plus with memory foam
Shimano for e-bike
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
S M L Height Range 5'0"-5'6" 5'3"-5'9" 5'6"-6'3" Reach 370 380 390 Stack 612 621 649 Effective Top Tube 558 577 602 Seat Tube Center-Top 375 425 475 Standover Height 676 755 790 Head Tube Length 135 145 175 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 70 70 70 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73 72.5 72 Fork Offset 44 44 44
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...