Electra Townie Path 9D Step-Thru Bike
With the same comfort as the popular Townie, the Electra Townie Path 9D Step-Thru bike toughens up your 2-wheeled rides so you can be a bit more adventurous and ride a little harder.
- Sleek, step-through design features a 9-speed drivetrain, powerful hydraulic disc brakes and larger tires
- Patented Flat Foot Technology® offers an upright seating position with proper leg extension that lets you plant your feet flat on the ground
- Comfort is key with a foot-forward pedal position, gel saddle and ergonomic grips
- Climb hills easily with a Shimano Alivio 9-speed derailleur and Acera Rapid Fire Plus shifters
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide smooth and reliable braking
- Kenda 27.5 x 2.4 in. tires with K-Shield protection and reflective stripes tackle a wide range of terrain with better traction and control
- Platform pedals with grip tape help you retain control in various weather conditions
- Front and rear rack compatible (racks not included)
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Electra Townie Product LineView all Electra Cruiser Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
6061-T6 aluminum with patented Flat Foot Technology
Alloy, straight/tapered leg
Forged alloy 170 mm, 42T chainring with double chainguards
Sealed cartridge 68 mm/113 mm
Shimano Acera Rapid Fire Plus
Shimano Alivio 9-speed
Shimano 9-speed 11-36T
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Tektro hydraulic disc brake
Alloy double-walled 27 in. x 32h
Alloy low flange with 6-bolt disc, 32h
Alloy low flange with 6-bolt disc, 32h
Kenda Kwik Seven.5 27.5 x 2.4 in.
Alloy custom bend 25.9 in. width/4 in. rise
Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
Alloy micro-adjust 27.2 mm x 400 mm
Selle royal Electra gel comfort
Resin platform with grip tape tread
1 1/8 in. steel threaded/semi-integrated
KMC X9 nickel-plated
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
One Size Height Range 5'3'' - 6'3'' Reach 36.1 Stack 62.3 Seat Tube Center-Top 47.9 Standover Height 50.8 Head Tube Length 20 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 70 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 70 Wheelbase 117.2
Measurements are stated in centimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...