REI Co-op Magma 15 Sleeping Bag - Men's
Super light, very compressible and insulated with water-resistant, premium 850-fill-power goose down, the REI Co-op men's Magma 15 sleeping bag delivers our best warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Designed with generous knee and foot space and a fitted silhouette that delivers the most efficient warmth-to-weight ratio in the REI Co-op brand sleeping bag line
- Downproof Pertex® shell, water-resistant 850-fill-power goose down and supple 15-denier lining combine to provide lasting coziness and a supersoft feel
- Down is certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) and bluesign® approved
- Trapezoidal footbox keeps feet comfy; a toe box baffle positions downward to provide warmth
- Variable baffle spacing locates and stabilizes the down fill, delivering high thermal efficiency and reducing weight
- New zipper cover and internal antisnag strip combine for easy zipping; a hybrid zipper path provides easy access along shoulders and torso
- Contoured hood retains warmth while providing space for a low-profile pillow; 2 different hood drawcords allow internal adjustment to avoid heat loss
- Insulated yoke fills neck and shoulder gap to prevent heat loss
- Includes a stuff sack for packing and a roomy mesh sack for breathable storage
Imported.Many sleeping bags are rated for temperature by an independent testing protocol. REI and the broader industry now use the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 23537 protocol, which improves on the older European Norm (EN) 13537 standard; you may still see older items in our assortment that were only EN tested. With either protocol, each bag gets a Comfort (or T-Comfort) rating and Lower Limit (or T-Limit) rating. The Comfort rating is the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the average "cold sleeper" comfortable, and the Lower Limit rating is the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the average "warm sleeper" comfortable. Ratings are based on a person wearing one long underwear layer and a pair of socks, sleeping on an insulated surface with a minimum R-value of 5.38. Many brands use the Comfort rating for women's bags and the Lower Limit rating for men's and unisex bags. Everyone's body and sleep comfort differ, and conditions of use (posture, clothing, sleeping pad R-value, wind, humidity, etc.) affect total insulation, so EN and ISO ratings are intended as a guideline to help you compare products, rather than a guarantee of warmth.View the REI Co-op Magma Product LineView all REI Co-op Backpacking Sleeping Bags
Tested Lower Limit
16 degrees (F) - ISO
28 degrees (F) - ISO
Temperature Rating (F)
16 degrees (F)
Temperature Rating (C)
-8.9 degrees (C)
Regular - Left Zip: 1 lb. 12.2 oz.
Long - Left Zip: 1 lb. 14.6 oz.
Regular - Left Zip: Yes
Pertex® 15-denier ripstop nylon (bluesign® approved)
850-fill-power goose down (RDS certified and bluesign® approved)
Regular - Left Zip: 15.9 oz.
Long - Left Zip: 1 lb. 1.3 oz.
15-denier ripstop nylon (bluesign® approved)
Sleeping Bag Shape
Fits Up To (in.)
Regular - Left Zip: 72 inches
Long - Left Zip: 78 inches
Shoulder Girth (in.)
Hip Girth (in.)
Stuff Sack Size
7.5 x 15 inches
Stuff Sack Volume
Regular - Left Zip: 5.2 liters
Long - Left Zip: 5.7 liters
Down certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
Contains materials that meet the bluesign® criteria
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...