Electra Cruiser 1 Step-Thru Bike
Keeps things simple, elegant and fun for your around-town jaunts and sun-soaked casual rides on the single-speed Electra Cruiser 1 Step-Thru bike.
- Frame design places pedals in front of the seatpost, which creates a low center of gravity and positions rider in an upright, balanced position
- Mounting and dismounting the bike is an uncomplicated affair, thanks to the step-through design
- Simple, single-speed drivetrain means no fussing with gears
- Rear coaster brake is both effective and intuitively simple to use—just pedal in reverse to brake
- 26 in. wheels with knobby tires stay stable through turns at slow speeds
- Platform pedals accept just about any pair of shoes or sandals; full-length chainguard keeps pant legs free of grease and entanglement
- Features a comfortable, wide saddle with elastomer springs
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
9-piece loose ball
|Number of Gears|
Classic Knobby, 26 x 2.125
Electra Comfort with elastomer springs
1" steel threaded
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
|Height Range||5'1" - 5'8"|
|Seat Tube Center-Top||43.9|
|Head Tube Length||15.5|
|Head Tube Angle (degrees)||67.0|
|Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||67.0|
Measurements are stated in centimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.