Brompton C Line Explore Folding Bike - Mid
Ideal for weekend escapes and urban rides, the Brompton C Line Explore folding bike pairs a mid handlebar height and compact fold with the speed and stability of a full-size bike.
- Folding bike with a 6-speed, 300% gearing range offers versatility for getting around town—including hills—and going farther afield
- Neutral riding position works for commuting and fitness rides
- All-steel frame adds durability
- Main frame features precision-drawn, heat-treated steel tubing with hand brazing and selected auto-brazed joints
- Rear frame features hand-brazed, cold-formed, micro-alloy steel tubing
- Front carrier block adapter fits all types of Brompton luggage (luggage not included)
- Lock-on grips are made with a soft-compound rubber adhered to an engineered core
- Composite seat clamp and rear frame clip
- Included fenders with rubberized flaps cut down on road spray, keeping you and the bike drier and cleaner when the weather turns wet
- Puncture-resistant tires with reflective sidewalls keep you moving and add visibility in low-light conditions
- Includes tubes with Schrader valves
- Included Brompton pump with flexible hose is compatible with Schrader and Presta valves
- Folded size measures 25.3 x 23 x 10.6 in., making it easy to fit in a car trunk or on a bus or train
- Handmade in London
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View all Brompton Folding Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
6061 forged aluminum crank with 50T chainring and integrated chainguard
Number of Gears
Brompton Dual Pivot Calipers
Front: double-wall rim, 28 spokes laced to a Brompton front hub; rear: double-wall rim, 28 spoke, Brompton wide-ratio 3-speed internal gear hub with 2-speed external gears (13- and 16-tooth)
Brompton BWR by Sturmey Archer
Schwalbe Marathon Racer 16 x 1.35 in.
Brompton triple-butted 6061 aluminum with shot-peened finish
Brompton M type
Brompton folding left-side pedal and nonfolding right-side pedal
1-1/8 in. threaded
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...