National Geographic Buffalo Creek Mountain Bike Trails Topographic Map
No matter your skill—novice or rock-hopping daredevil—the Buffalo Creek Mountain Bike Trails topographic map is a detailed resource with ratings, clearly marked track and miles of rides for everyone.
- Includes single- and doubletrack, turn-by-turn directions and commentary on interesting landmarks along the way
- Each suggested ride has a trail profile that clearly shows the climbs and decents, as well as trail crossings and other waypoints
- Back side includes a group of selected loops and trails for all riding abilities from beginner to expert
- Full, printed UTM grid aids with GPS navigation
- Features navigational grids, contours and hill shading; trail use; public lands and Leave No Trace ethics
- Printed on backcountry-tough waterproof and tear-resistant paper
- Covers the Buffalo Creek area and Pike National Forest
Made in USA.
In the spring of 1996 wildfire roared through the Buffalo Creek area. Soon after a group of dedicated mountain bikers, working with the U.S. Forest Service, started building an extensive network of trails. Those trails now cover almost 100 miles of mixed terrain from thickly wooded hillsides to open plains with the remnants of matchstick-like tree trunks left from the fires.
|State / Province|
7.5 x 4.25 inches
26.25 x 19.5 inches
1:30,000 & 1:40,000