Learn approximately 35 new techniques, safety considerations and subjects when you crack open the second edition of Rock Climbing: Mastering Basic Skills, a National Outdoor Book Award winner.
- New edition brings the content up to current standards and includes technological advances, while preserving the first edition's comprehensive approach
- New writing and photography simplify the complex world of modern climbing technique and reveal thought processes behind safe and practical climbing methods
- Includes European climbing techniques that offer alternatives to those traditionally taught in North America
- Incorporates new lessons derived from accidents due, in part, to the increased popularity of climbing
- Updated edition features 10,000 more words, 125 more photos and 3 never-before-published techniques (adjustable hitch, high friction tubes and bight method)
- Detailed technical updates offer a distinction between "anchor" and "placement" or "piece"
Made in USA.View all Mountaineers Books Climbing Instructional Books
7 x 8.5 inches
Topher Donahue and Craig Luebben
|Number of Pages|