Mountaineers Books Paddling the Columbia: A Guide to All 1200 Miles of Our Scenic & Historical River
Beginning at the river's headwaters on Columbia Lake in British Columbia, Paddling the Columbia provides comprehensive information for traveling its full 1,245 miles to the Pacific Ocean.
- This guide divides the river into 34 segments, enabling serious paddlers to set a goal on par with hiking the Pacific Crest Trail or climbing the Seven Summits—but on water
- Includes details on put-in and take-out points, campgrounds, various land manager regulations and key riverside sites
- Also includes dams and water releases, paddling times and distances, free-flowing areas, ferry schedules and more
- Introductory texts and sidebars cover local history, things to do nearby—like visiting hot springs, hiking trails and places to eat—as well as wildlife and scenery
- Boat types and equipment are also covered
Made in USA.View all Mountaineers Books Canada Paddling Guidebooks
State / Province
8.5 x 5.5 inches
Number of Pages
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...