- Author: Theresa Dowell Blackinton
- Softcover; 319 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- Avalon Travel Publishing; copyright 2013
- Take a Hike: Washington D.C covers the Shenandoah, Western Maryland, the Eastern Shore and the Piedmont
- Includes descriptions of trails ranging from short, flat routes suitable for families to day-long, steep treks for more advanced hikers
- Hiking profiles include difficulty ratings, length, time and elevation gain, as well as an overview map with a basic sketch of the route
- Hikes are grouped by interest, such as "Best Hikes for Historic Sites," "Best For Kids" and "Best Waterfalls"
- MOON Take a Hike: Washington D.C. measures approximately 8.5 x 5.5 in.
Made in USA.