You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Apple Safari

Microsoft IE

Back to top

This product is no longer available, but don't go just yet.


  • With your purchase, MiiR will help a person in Africa or the U.S. to earn a bike through a work- or study-to-own program
  • The Wave Single Speed uses butted chromoly steel throughout the frame and fork to ensure a smooth, resilient ride
  • Single-speed design is simple and reliable; flip-flop rear hub lets you ride the Wave either as a freewheel or as a fixed-gear bike
  • Puncture-resistant tires roll smoothly
  • The MiiR Wave Single Speed bike has attachment points for fenders and a rear rack (fenders and rack sold separately)
  • Includes a stainless steel water bottle and cage
  • Sizing: 49cm fits riders 4' 11" - 5' 4"; 52cm fits riders 5' 4" - 5' 7"; 55cm fits riders 5' 7" - 6' 0"; 58cm fits riders 6' 0" and up; size up if between sizes
  • What makes this bike different? Your purchase supports MiiR to empower one person in need with 2-wheeled transportation
  • US giving is targeted towards refugees, homeless, those getting out of prison, kids whose parents unable to afford a bicycle and other vulnerable populations
  • In Africa 70% of recipients are school children, the remaining 30% are aid workers, entrepreneurs and field mechanics


All bicycles sold at REI include a free warranty tune-up. New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which readjustment is important for longevity and performance. Bring your new bike in to your local REI for its free tune-up within 20 hours of use or 6 months from purchase, whichever comes first. Contact your nearest REI bike shop to schedule this important service.

An oversize shipping charge of $60 applies to this item (plus regular shipping fees). Or ship it FREE to any REI store for pickup.
Read more about shipping options.

View all MiiR Hybrid Bikes

REI membership


Best Use Urban Cycling
Frame Chromoly 4130
Bike Suspension No Suspension
Fork Chromoly
Crankset Sturmey Archer FCT22, 42t
Bottom Bracket FSA
Rear Cogs 18t
Number of Gears 1 gear(s)
Brake Type Rim Brake
Brakes Tektro R836AL
Brake Levers Tektro ML330
Rims Alex DA16
Front Hub Joytech, 32h
Rear Hub Joytech, 32h
Wheel Size 700c
Tires Duro DB-7034, 700x35
Handlebar Shape Riser Bar
Handlebar KalloyUno AL
Stem Kalloy Uno AS
Seat Post Kalloy Uno SP
Saddle Velo VL
Pedals Platform
Headset FSA Orbit
Chain KMC Z72
Weight Unavailable
Bike Weight Weight provided is that of the as-sold median size (or the average of two median sizes).
Gender Unisex

The REI Difference

100% satisfaction guaranteed

We stand behind everything we sell. If you are not satisfied with your REI purchase, you can return it for a replacement or refund within one year of purchase.

REI's guarantee doesn't cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents.

If your item has a manufacturing defect in its materials or workmanship, you can return it at any time. See our limited warranty.

Gear & advice you can trust

At REI, we live and breathe the outdoors, and we're passionate about sharing our expertise with people of all skill levels. Whether you're new to the outdoors or a seasoned explorer, we'll take the time to understand your needs and help you find the right gear for you.

10% annual member refund

Anyone can shop at REI, but for a one-time $20 fee you can become an REI member and enjoy a lifetime of benefits. These include an annual member refund, typically 10% back on eligible purchases.*



*10% is typical but not guaranteed. Your refund is based on eligible purchases, which exclude REI gift cards, services, fees, REI Adventures trips, REI Garage, and discounted items. Learn more