- Authors: Randy Golden and Pam Golden
- Softcover; 299 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- Menasha Ridge Press; copyright 2013
- 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Atlanta includes hikes in Marietta, Lawrenceville and Peachtree counties
- Detailed descriptions help you assess each trail before you hike it, taking into consideration length and difficulty
- Key information sidebar displays likelihood of traffic, trail surface, scenery, hiking time, access, maps, facilities and special comments
- Written directions lead you to the trailheads and elevation profiles chart the hike
- Easy-to-read overview maps guide you along the trail and include GPS-compatible coordinates
- Also features a list of recommended outdoor shops and hiking clubs
- Measures 9 x 6 in.
Made in USA.
Using clear and entertaining narrative,
60 Hikes within 60 Miles: Atlanta introduces newcomers and lifelong residents alike to a surprising array of the best day hikes within a 60 mi. radius of the South�s leading metropolis.
Choose from urban walks such as the Midtown Ramble, which takes in the verdant beauty of Piedmont Park and the Atlanta Botanical Garden, along with the apartment building where Margaret Mitchell wrote Gone with the Wind. Challenge yourself with the rugged Burnt Hickory Loop, which passes Civil War-era cannons on its way to sweeping views from the top of Big Kennesaw Mountain. Nature lovers will appreciate the chance to view the fauna of the Charlie Elliot Wildlife Center and the cascading waters of Amicalola and DeSoto Falls. So what are you waiting for? The ultimate hike is just a short drive away.