Electra Townie 7D Bike
Feel completely at ease while riding the Electra Townie 7D bike. The relaxed and upright pedaling position lets you stay comfortable and allows you to go just 1 more mile. And then another ....
- Flat Foot Technology™ geometry places rider upright for comfortable, heads-up positioning; aft positioning allows a rider to place both feet on the ground at a stop
- The result is a low center of gravity, full leg extension and increased comfort—somewhat similar to the recumbent bike at a gym
- Shimano Revo twist shifter and rear derailleur provide smooth shifting through the 7 gears
- Linear-pull brakes provide controlled deceleration for easy stopping
- Semi-slick 26x2.0 tires ensure a smooth and stable ride over a variety of road or gravel surfaces
- Platform pedals deliver total convenience—no special shoes required
- Ergonomic saddle offers a comfortable, shock-absorbent ride
- Extras include a full-length chainguard, kickstand and internal cable routing
- 1 size fits most
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Electra Townie Product LineView all Electra Cruiser Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Shimano 14-34, 7-speed
Number of Gears
Alloy double wall
Semi-Slick Street 26x2.0
Ergonomic with elastomer bumpers
1-1/8 in. threaded steel
34 lbs. 8 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
One Size Height Range 5'3" - 6'1" Reach 29.7 Stack 61.9 Seat Tube Center-Top 51.5 Standover Height 73.5 Head Tube Length 23.7 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 69.0 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 67.0 Wheelbase 117.5
Measurements are stated in centimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...