- Author: Jennifer Pharr Davis
- Softcover; 240 pages; color photographs and maps
- Menasha Ridge Press; copyright 2012
- Includes trail maps with elevation profiles and GPS coordinates, and detailed directions to the trailheads
- Includes ratings for difficulty, scenery, trail conditions, solitude and accessibility for children
- Five Star Trails: Asheville measures approximately 8 x 5 in.
Made in USA.
There is no better place to hit the trails than Asheville! From peaceful waterfalls to dramatic mountain vistas, the breathtaking scenery of this area is as varied as the terrain.
Five Star Trails: Asheville leads hikers off the beaten path to enjoy strolls through the woods, adventurous treks through the Blue Ridge Mountains, rambles through verdant river valleys and much more.
Don�t miss the hidden hiking treasures of Asheville! With the expert guidance of local author Jennifer Pharr Davis, you�ll enjoy 35 of the region�s best trails. Davis�s vivid hike descriptions give insight to the history, flora and fauna of the routes. Her concise, accurate trail directions and mileages will keep explorers on the right path.
From the challenging treks west of Asheville at Shining Rock and Gold Mountain to easy, educational trails that are perfect for the entire family, these hikes are truly diverse. Davis has combined some of the most popular routes in the region with lesser-known trails to offer an adventure for everyone.