- Pair SPOT Connect with your smartphone and connect to a global satellite network that lets you send messages and GPS coordinates from virtually anywhere on the planet
- SOS function lets you send your exact GPS coordinates and a request for emergency assistance to the GEOS International Emergency Response Center
- SOS signal transmits every 5 minutes until the batteries die; GEOS International Emergency Response Center alerts the appropriate agency in your area to bring you aid
- For non-emergency help, SPOT Connect lets you send preselected friends and family requests for assistance via SMS text and email; signal goes out every 5 min. for 1 hr.
- Check-in/OK feature sends a predefined message to friends and family, letting them know that you're OK and showing your current location
- Record your progress and share it with others using the Track Progress function; contacts can watch your progress almost real time on Google Maps as your adventure unfolds
- Basic service ($99.99 annual subscription required) lets you send unlimited predefined Check-in/OK, Help and SOS messages as well as updates to Facebook and Twitter
- Optional Type & Send messaging allows custom text via satellite (additional charges apply for Type & Send and Track Progress service plans)
- Subscribe to basic service and optional services at findmespot.com
- Unit operates in temperatures ranging from -13°F/-25°C to 140°F/60°C
- SPOT Connect Satellite Communicator is rated waterproof to IPX7 standards: it can be submerged underwater to a depth of 1m for up to 30 min.
|Dimensions||3 x 2.6 x 1.2 inches|