This product is no longer available.
- Every physical element features a distinctive graphics treatment, yet, for their differences, they play off each other beautifully
- White Electra custom saddle and grips are trimmed in red and feature red tassels; they match the whitewall tires, white rims and red spokes perfectly
- They also match the fabric lining adorning—yes—the authentic wicker handlebar basket! Picnic anyone?
- Providing the perfect counterbalance, the frame goes in another direction entirely in forest green with yellow, black, white and red accents
- Full-wrap, custom-detailed fenders and chainguard complete the look and help protect your clothing from grease and mud
- Step-through frame makes mounting and dismounting saddle quick and easy, and reduces fear of sudden stops
- Innovative geometry places pedals ahead of the seatpost, which creates a low center of gravity and positions rider in an upright, balanced position
- Result is a comfortable riding position, full leg extension for maximum power, and, typically, an ability to reach the ground with both feet
- Shifting system is maintenance-free and simple to use; three speeds are located in rear hub, and you needn't be moving to shift from one to another
- Integrated coaster brake is both effective and intuitively simple to use—just pedal in reverse, like you did as a child on your first bike
- Steel frame ensures durability and vertical flex; vertical flex damps the effect of bumps and drops in the road, which in turn enhances comfort
- Platform pedals accept just about any pair of shoes or flip-flops; full-length chainguard keeps pant legs free of oil and entanglement
- Includes a bell to let others know a free spirit is passing by
- One size fits most
Fitting an Electra bike is easy. Start by setting the saddle to its lowest position and then stand over it with both feet flat on the ground. Next, simply raise the saddle until it rests in the crotch. Tighten it in place, and that's it— you're done! After an initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.
|Bottom Bracket||9-piece ball|
|Shifters||Shimano Nexus, 3-speed|
|Brake Levers||Not applicable|
|Front Hub||Alloy 36 hole|
|Rear Hub||Shimano 3-speed coaster|
|Tires||Retro Runner, 26x2.1|
|Seat Post||Alloy pillar|