Mountaineers Books 55 Ways to the Wilderness - South Central Alaska - 5th Edition
This completely revised fifth edition of "55 Ways" features seven all-new comprehensive trips and 18 new side routes.
- Authors: Helen D. Nienhueser and John Wolfe Jr.
- Softcover; 253 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- Mountaineers Books; copyright 2002
- Whether you are seeking a stroll along an iceberg-studded beach or a four-day trek into Alaska's high country, 55 Ways offers the ideal destination
- More than 160 ways to experience the backcountry of south central Alaska, from public-use cabins to tundra hikes
- 20 trips on the Kenai Peninsula, 19 trips in Chugach State Park and 16 in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Denali State Park and Copper River Basin
- New trip summary table compares routes by location, length, level of difficulty and ease for children
- Difficulty levels range from rambles to rugged multi-day excursions
Made in USA.View all Mountaineers Books Hawaii and Alaska Hiking Guidebooks
State / Province
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...