Menasha Ridge Press Five-Star Trails: Tri-Cities of Tennessee & Virginia - 2nd Edition
In this updated edition of Five-Star Trails: Tri-Cities of Tennessee & Virginia, hiking expert Johnny Molloy shares everything you need to know about the area from urban greenways to wilderness treks.
- Includes 40 of the region's best 5-star hiking trails for all levels ranging from popular routes to hidden treasures
- Covers a variety of terrain on public lands in the Cherokee, Jefferson and Pisgah national forests
- Features state parks that preserve beautiful places to visit and urban parks providing easy nature escapes
- Provides trail descriptions, GPS-based trail maps, elevation profiles, trail conditions, accessibility for kids, solitude and scenery ratings, and trailhead directions
- Gives insight into the area's history, flora and fauna
Made in USA.
From high mountains to the east and south to the historic walks in Tennessee, the Tri-Cities of Tennessee and Virginia are a hiker's nirvana. This region offers hundreds of miles of trails to explore in and around Johnson City, Kingsport and Bristol, as well as the surrounding areas of Abingdon, Elizabethton, Greeneville and Rogersville. The Appalachian Trail, the most heralded and hiked footpath in our country, curves within range of the Tri-Cities for nearly 70 miles. Lace up, grab your pack and hit the trail!
|State / Province|
8.5 x 5.5 inches
Menasha Ridge Press
|Number of Pages|