Purple Lizard Maps Athens-Zaleski Map - 2nd Edition
Explore all the best recreation around Athens, Nelsonville and Zaleski, Ohio, with the comprehensive Athens-Zaleski map from Purple Lizard Maps.
- Easy-to-read topographic map features contour lines, elevation data, shaded relief and key details on parking access, campsites, public lands, historic sites and more
- Also features backroads and trails, trail use designations and road surfaces (paved/gravel/4WD)
- Features public lands, preserves, state parks, national forests, lakes and trails
- Public lands include most of Zaleski State Forest, a section of Wayne National Forest, and all of Lake Hope State Park and Strouds Run State Park
- Also includes land owned by the town of Athens and Ohio University
- Destinations include the Lake Hope and Strouds Run State Parks, which both offer trails, camping sites and lake recreation, and the Baileys Trail System
- Baileys Trail System is a mountain biking trail system in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with options for every level of rider
- Also includes the Hockhocking Adena 20+ mile bikeway between Athens and Nelsonville
- Road bikers and gravel riders enjoy a massive network of paved and gravel roads in the surrounding area, including the Moonville Rail Trail
- Show which roads are paved or dirt/gravel as well as those gated closed
- Shows major hiking trails, including the 28.8-mile Zaleski State Forest Backpacking Trail, which is shown in its entirety, including the South, Middle and North loops
- Points of interest include campgrounds, picnic areas, climbing areas, reservable car-camping sites and scenic overlooks; shows the historic Adena Mounds that date to 800 B.C.
- Destinations include Waterloo Wildlife Area, Fox Lake Wildlife Area, Lake Snowden Recreation Park and Turkey Ridge Wildlife Area
- The Hockhocking River is shown from Nelsonville to Strouds Run State Park
- Includes the towns of Athens, Chauncy, Nelsonville, The Plains, and Zaleski, Ohio
- Little purple lizards icons scattered on the map signify an interesting spot to check out—including cool places, sweet views and local legends
Made in USA.View all Purple Lizard Maps Midwest Maps
State / Province
8 x 4 x 1 inches
36 x 24 inches
Purple Lizard Maps
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...