Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11 Fat-Tire Bike
Built for the world's toughest winter races, but still able to have fun on snowy and winding singletrack, the light Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11 fat-tire bike rolls over anything you encounter.
- Massive 27.5 x 4.0 in. tires provide increased rollover, longer contact areas and excellent flotation for covering challenging terrain quickly
- 1 x 11-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain is a smooth-shifting workhorse that brings reliable performance wherever you take it
- High-modulus carbon fiber frame offers improved stiffness, increased vibration damping, excellent toughness and weight savings over the aluminum version
- Beargrease geometry features 440 mm chainstays, long front/center, short stems and wide bars to create room to move and add confidence while maneuvering
- Geometry results in a fat-tire bike that rides like a trail bike; it's stable, steers well in loose conditions and remains nimble and agile despite its huge wheels and tires
- Low bottom bracket height keeps your center of gravity low, making dabbing, dismounting and remounting easier
- Bearpaw carbon fork has an aluminum steerer for added durability and a 15 x 150 mm thru axle to add stiffness and increase steering precision
- Three-Pack mounts on the fork let you add Anything Cages or water bottle cages (accessory cages not included)
- Fork is compatible with the following wheel/tire combinations: 26 x 3.85–5 in. on up to a 100 mm rim, 27.5 x 3.0–4.0 in. on an 80 mm rim, or 29 x 2.3–3.0 in. on a 50 mm rim
- Frame is compatible with the following wheel/tire combinations: 26 x 4.3–4.6 in. on up to a 100 mm rim, 27.5 x 3.0–4.0 in. on an 80 mm rim; 29 x 2.3–3.0 in. on a 50 mm rim
- Optimal drivetrain design with narrow Q-factor cranks (with up to a 32T chainring) creates less knee stress
- Internal sleeved cable routing improves shifting performance in poor conditions and increases time between maintenance intervals
- Compatible with a 30.9 mm dropper seatpost (not included) and stealth routing for a true trail riding experience
- Rear rack compatible: designed for use with the Salsa Alternator 170/177 Rear Rack, with the addition of a Salsa Rack-Lock seat collar (rack and collar not included)
- Carry plenty with a set of top tube mounts, 2 water bottle mounts inside frame triangle, and 1 accessory mount under the down tube
- Top tube mounts accommodate a K-Edge top tube mount for bike computers or the Salsa EXP Series direct-mount top tube bag (accessories not included)
- Pedals not included
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Salsa Beargrease Product Line View all Salsa Rigid Mountain Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Mountain Bike Style
Beargrease Carbon V2
Samox Direct Mount, 30T
100 mm BSA threaded
Shimano Deore M5100
Shimano Deore M5100
Shimano Deore M5100 11-51t (11-speed) or SunRace CSMS7 11-51t (11-speed)
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Tektro HD-M275/HD-M276, 160 mm rotors
SUNRingle Mulefut SL 80 mm
SUNRingle SRC 15 x 150 mm
SUNRingle SRC 12 x 197 mm
45NRTH Vanhelga, 27.5 x 4.0 in. 120 TPI, Tubeless-Ready, Folding
Race Face Chester 35
Salsa Guide Trail, 35.0 mm clamp
WTB Volt Steel Medium
Cane Creek 40
KMC X11 EPT Anti-Rust
XS S M L XL Height Range 5'2''-5'5'' 5'5''-5'9'' 5'9''-6'0'' 6'0''-6'3'' 6'3''-UP Reach 390.8 408.4 426.5 444.7 462.8 Stack 588.1 597.4 606.7 616 625.3 Effective Top Tube 565 591 612 633 654 Seat Tube Center-Top 368 406 444 483 521 Standover Height 684.5 726.6 744.4 774.8 804 Head Tube Length 98 108 118 128 138 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 68.56 68.56 68.56 68.56 68.56 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73.5 73 73 73 73 Wheelbase 1086.2 1107.4 1129.2 1151 1172.9 Chainstay 440 440 440 440 440 Fork Offset 51 51 51 51 51
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...