FalconGuides Woman in the Wild
Looking to get into the backcountry lifestyle or level up your current active outdoor life? A perfect adventure companion, Woman in the Wild is your guide to hiking, camping and backcountry travel.
- Subtitled "The Everywoman's Guide to Hiking, Camping and Backcountry Travel," this book is a perfect companion for your next adventure
- Adventurer and guidebook author Susan Joy Paul provides instruction for women of all ages and skill levels, from beginners to intermediate hikers and experienced mountaineers
- She shares details gleaned from 2 decades of real-world experience, bringing together details on how to be safe, independent and self-reliant at camp and on the trail
- 5 sections and 25 chapters cover hiking, camping and backcountry travel from the basics to advanced skills
- First section covers backcountry essentials like what to wear, how to pack, and where to find hiking partners for your outdoor adventures
- Second section covers what every woman needs to know about nutrition, first aid and personal care to stay healthy on the trail
- Third section covers backcountry knowledge and skills around land navigation, terrain and weather take your travels to the next level
- Fourth section helps you go beyond the basics, understand how training, setting goals and engaging strategies for success add a new and exciting dimension to your outdoor life
- Fifth section shows you how to leave the flatlanders and fair-weather hikers behind with an introduction to high altitude mountaineering, winter camping and glacier travel
Made in USA.View all FalconGuides Camping and Hiking Instructional Books
9 x 6 inches
Susan Joy Paul
Number of Pages
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...