Wilderness Press Best Day Hikes on the Arizona National Scenic Trail
Crossing the state form Mexico to Utah, the 800-mile Arizona National Scenic Trail (AZT) is as beautiful as it is daunting. 30 carefully crafted hiking routes are covered in this guide book.
- The AZT travels up and down Sky Island mountain ranges, across the Saguaro-studded Sonoran Desert, through the largest Ponderosa Pine forest in the world
- And then continues past Arizona's highest peak, and goes from rim to rim of the Grand Canyon
- But you don't need to hike the entire route to experience its historical, geological and botanical significance
- Trail expert Sirena Rana guides you along the most interesting and accessible portions of the trail in this guide book
- Each entry includes navigational information and interpretive facts about the trail's cultural history, natural history and geography
- Detailed maps and full-color photographs highlight Arizona's diverse environments
- Includes information on area food, activities and lodging
- This guidebook was created in partnership with the Arizona Office of Tourism, and is ideal for both casual and experienced hikers
Made in USA.View all Wilderness Press Southwest Hiking Guidebooks
State / Province
11 x 8 inches
Number of Pages
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...