Co-op Cycles CTY 2.1 Bike
Tackle what the city throws at ya. The Co-op Cycles CTY 2.1 bike has a shock-absorbing fork for pothole-filled roads and a 2 x 8 drivetrain for optimal options without overcomplicating shifting.
- Upgraded 2x drivetrain (from previous model's 3x) makes for smoother shifting—and less of it too
- Suspension fork provides 63 mm of travel to smooth out rough roads
- Reflective sidewalls enhance visibility
- Riser handlebar puts your hands in a natural position to reduce strain
- Ergonomic grips provide comfort and support hands
- Double chainrings simplify front shifting and provide plenty of gears for flats or hills
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide sure stopping power in variable weather
- Top tube attachment points let you mount a bag where it's easy to access (like the REI Co-op Junction top tube bag, not included)
- Accommodates a rear rack and fender (rack and fender not included)
- Bicycle weight limit is 300 lbs. total, including rider + all gear carried on the bike and on the rider's body
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Co-op Cycles CTY Product LineView all Co-op Cycles Hybrid Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
SR Suntour Nex DS
Shimano Square Taper
Shimano Altus 8-speed Rapidfire
Shimano Altus, 11-34T
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Tektro HD-M275 hydraulic disc brake
Kenda Kick-Back, 700c x 40 mm with reflective sidewall
Selle Royal Shadow Plus with gel
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
XS S M L XL Height Range 5'0" - 5'3" 5'3" - 5'6" 5'6" - 5'9" 5'9" - 6'0" 6'0" - 6'3" Reach 355 364.3 374.2 384.4 394.6 Stack 588.2 588.2 607 640 658.7 Effective Top Tube 518 533 554 580 596 Seat Tube Center-Top 350 400 450 500 550 Standover Height 719.6 749.2 785.5 827.5 863.8 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 70 70 70 70 70 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 74.5 74 73.5 73 73 Wheelbase 1,039 1,049 1,065 1,087 1,105 Chainstay 445 445 445 445 445
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...