Tern Verge D9 Folding Bike
Equipped with 451 wheels and a 1 x 9-speed drivetrain, the Tern Verge D9 folding bike efficiently handles the daily ride with exceptional performance in a compact design that feels full-size.
- T-Tuned™ geometry allows riders greater comfort and stability
- 451 (20 in.) wheels with 37 mm (1-3/8 in.) tires offer a steadier and more powerful feel than the typical compact folded sizes
- 1x drivetrain with a wide-range 11–36-tooth 9-speed cassette offers exceptional riding versatility for any challenging hills and obstacles
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide efficient braking power in all types of weather and conditions
- Folding technology compacts in just 10 seconds so you can transition from riding the bike to riding transit with ease; also makes for easy storage in small living spaces
- Tern Porter™ saddle with patented GripPad design provides for easy shoulder-mounted bike carrying
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Hydroformed aluminum, OCL+ joint
Integrated, hi-tensile steel, for disc
6061 aluminum, 53T
Cartridge, sealed bearings
Shimano 9-speed trigger
Shimano Acera, Shadow RD
|Number of Gears|
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Shimano, hydraulic disc
Shimano, hydraulic disc
Double wall aluminum
CST, 20 x 1-3/8 in. (37-451), light tanwall, 60 TPI
Syntace VRO, adjustable
6061 aluminum with micro-adjust clamp
Folding alloy body
Flux, cartridge bearings, Physis integrated
KMC 9 speed
28 lbs. 3.2 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
Contains recycled materials
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.