Electra Townie Go! 5i Step-Through Electric Bike
Climb hills and shorten commutes with the Bosch-powered Electra Townie Go! 5i Step-Through electric bike. Delivering comfort, control and pedal assist, it makes riding even more of a blast.
- 250W Bosch Active Line Gen 3 motor provides pedal assist up to 20 mph, with a range of 20 to70 mi. and 4 levels of support from Eco to Turbo
- Bosch Purion display tracks your ride statistics and makes changing between assist modes a breeze
- Charging is quick and easy with the PowerPack 400 battery and 4-amp charger
- Patented Flat Foot Technology® ensures a relaxed, efficient pedaling position and lets you easily place both feet flat on the ground when you come to a stop
- New Shimano NEXUS Inter-5E hub is specifically designed and calibrated for the power of an e-bike motor
- Front and rear LED lighting provides visibility in low-light conditions
- Equipped with color-matched fenders to keep you clean
- Frame-mounted lock near the rear tire helps keep your ride secure
- 26 x 2.35 in. puncture-resistant balloon tires offer a smooth ride over any terrain
- Ergonomic saddle and grips ensure comfort and style
- Equipped with MIK compatibility to easily secure any MIK accessory (accessories not included)
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This e-bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Electra Townie Product LineView all Electra Electric City Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- An additional year of free adjustments (2 total years; see below)
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All electric bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for the defined period (one year after purchase date for non-members, or two years for REI Co-op Members)—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation, chain lubrication and e-bike firmware updates. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Class 1: pedal assist up to 20 mph
Bosch Active Line Plus 250W
Motor Torque (Nm)
50 Newton meters
Battery Capacity (Wh)
400 watt hours
Charge Time (hrs)
Pedal Assist Range
High-tensile steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
Forged alloy 170 mm, Bosch Type, 38T FSA chainring
5-speed twist with optical display
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Tektro hydraulic disc brakes
Painted or anodized alloy 26 in. 36H
Alloy low-flange with Center Lock disc brake 36H
Shimano NEXUS Inter-5E 5-speed internal with Center Lock disc brake, 36H
Schwalbe Fat Frank 26 x 2.35 in. balloon with puncture-resistant aramid guard casing
Alloy custom bend (width: 25.9 in.; rise: 4 in.)
Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
Alloy micro-adjust 27.2 x 350 mm
Ergonomic with shock-absorbing elastomers
Alloy platform with nonslip rubber tread
1-1/8 in. steel threaded/semi-integrated
KMC Z1EHX nickel-plated
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
One Size Height Range 4'11'' - 6'1'' Reach 32.3 Stack 59.7 Seat Tube Center-Top 44.8 Standover Height 50.5 Head Tube Length 21.7 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 69 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 67 Wheelbase 119.2
Measurements are stated in centimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...