Salsa Stormchaser Single-Speed Bike
This product is not available.Shop similar products
A gravel bike for any and all conditions, the Salsa Stormchaser boasts ample tire clearance and a durable single-speed drivetrain to see you through the muddiest rides.
- 6066-T6 aluminum frame with Class 5™ Vibration Reduction System (VRS) provides a smooth ride
- High-modulus carbon fork with alloy steerer has a 12 x 100 mm thru axle with internal cable and dynamo routing
- Fork is fender- and rack-compatible and features mounts for a Salsa Three Pack on each side (not included)
- Alternator Flat Mount dropouts are compatible with both single-speed or 1x geared drivetrains
- Includes 17T and 18T cogs with single-speed dropout plates (geared dropout plates not included)
- 56–61 cm frames feature 3 water bottle mounts in the main triangle to keep you hydrated; 49–54.5 cm frames have 2 water bottle mounts
- Top tube mount allows you to attach a Salsa EXP Series Direct Mount Top Tube Bag (not included); additional mount located on underside of down tube
- Dropper post-compatible (not included)
- Pedals not included
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.Free Adjustment Period:View all Salsa Gravel Bikes
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Bike Frame Material
Race Face Ride, 38T
17T and 18T cogs with spacer kit
Number of Gears
Mechanical Disc Brake
TRP Spyre-C flat-mount; 160 mm rotors
TRP RRL levers
WTB ST i23 TCS 700c
WTB Serra 12 x 100 mm
WTB Serra 12 x 142 mm
Teravail Rutland, 700c x 42 mm, Durable casing
WTB Volt Steel Medium
FSA No.42 ACB
KMC Z1 Anti-Rust
49 CM 52.5 CM 54.5 CM 56 CM 57.5 CM 59 CM 61 CM Height Range 4'8"-5'2" 5'1''-5'5'' 5'4''-5'8'' 5'7''-5'11'' 5'10''-6'2'' 6'1''-6'4'' 6'3''-UP Reach 366.5 371 374 383.3 392.6 401.9 411.2 Stack 529.7 543.8 562.6 581.4 600.2 619 637.8 Effective Top Tube 506 527 545 560 575 590 605 Seat Tube Center-Top 390 440 475 510 520 545 570 Standover Height 686.9 726.4 756.5 785.5 794 820.4 842.8 Head Tube Length 90 105 125 145 165 185 205 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 70 70 70 70 70 70 70 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 75.25 74 73 73 73 73 73.1 Bottom Bracket Height 70 70 70 70 70 70 70 Wheelbase 1017.5-1032.2 1027.1-1041.9 1037-1051.8 1053.1-1067.9 1069.2-1084 1085.4-1100.2 1101.5-1116.3 Chainstay 435-450 435-450 435-450 435-450 435-450 435-450 435-450 Fork Offset 51 51 51 51 51 51 51
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...