Salsa Warbird Carbon Apex 1 Bike
This product is not available.Shop similar products
Tame tough terrain with the VRS-equipped, high-modulus carbon fiber frameset and sure-shifting SRAM drivetrain of the gravel-racing Salsa Warbird Carbon Apex 1 bike.
- Designed specifically for racing on gravel, Warbird provides control, comfort and speed when the going gets rough
- SRAM Apex 1 drivetrain delivers tried-and-true performance with precision 1x11-speed shifting and mechanical disc braking
- Class 5™ Vibration Reduction System (VRS)–equipped high-modulus carbon fiber frameset and Warbird gravel racing geometry deliver a comfortable, responsive and confident ride
- Class 5 VRS features tall, thin, vertically oriented seatstays that subtly flex outward on impacts, promoting vertical compliance
- The lack of seatstay and chainstay bridges allows the full length of the stays to contribute to compliance, while the rear thru axle ensures precise tracking
- Horizontally oriented chainstays with Class 5 VRS resist pedaling torque to maintain a laterally stiff rear end with the efficiency and comfort endurance riders need
- Warbird gravel racing geometry places you in a position that can be maintained for hours on end over bumpy B-roads and loose surfaces, reducing fatigue
- A low bottom bracket and stable wheelbase help keep tires planted and boost confidence; Long top tube and short stem increase stability at high speeds and on rough descents
- Waxwing fork features carbon blades with an aluminum steerer and utilizes a 12x100mm thru axle for true tracking and flat mount brake for quick setup
- Fork includes a wide array of accessory features including Three-Pack mounts, midblade rack mounts, internal dynamo hub cable routing and fender mounts
- Warbird fits up to 700c x 45mm or 650b x 2.1 in. wheels and tires—choose the wheel size that best meets your needs, or set up a second wheelset to be ready for any course
- Top tube bag mounts are compatible with a bolt-on Salsa EXP Series top tube bag (not included) for a secure connection without strap wear
- Generous water bottle capacity helps you stay hydrated: Fits 2–3 bottles inside main triangle, 1 under the down tube and 2 on the fork via Three-Pack mounts (not included)
- 49–54.5cm frames fit 2 bottles inside the main triangle, while 56–61cm frames fit 3
- Designed to accept 1x, 2x or electronic drivetrain offerings; sleeved internal routing guides housing through the frame for simplified setup and maintenance
- Fits 27.2mm dropper posts (not included) for more confident high-speed descents on rough, unpredictable gravel roads; internal stealth routing possible when running 1x setups
- Fender mounts allow for longer, more pleasant rides in wet weather
- Compatible with a Salsa Wanderlust rear rack when using the optional Salsa Rack-Lock seat collar (rack and collar not included)
- Pedals not included
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.Free Adjustment Period:View the Salsa Warbird Product Line View all Salsa
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Bike Frame Material
SRAM Apex 1 X-Sync, 42t
SRAM Apex 1
SRAM Apex 1
SRAM PG-1130 11-speed, 11-42t
Number of Gears
Mechanical Disc Brake
TRP Spyre-C with 160mm rotors
SRAM Apex 1
WTB ST 123 TCS 2.0
WTB Serra 28h 12x100 thru axle
WTB Serra 28h 12x142 thru axle
Teravail Cannonball 700c x 42mm, tubeless-ready
Wtb Volt Sport
Cane Creek 40
SRAM PC 1110
49 CM 52.5 CM 54.5 CM 56 CM 57.5 CM 59 CM 61 CM Height Range 4'7" - 5'2" 5'1" - 5'5" 5'4" - 5'8" 5'7" - 5'11" 5'10" - 6'2" 6'1" - 6'4" 6'3" - Up Reach 14.2 14.5 14.6 15.0 15.4 16.1 16.1 Stack 20.4 21.5 22.3 23.0 23.8 25.3 25.3 Effective Top Tube 19.6 20.7 21.5 22.0 22.6 24.0 24.0 Seat Tube Center-Top 15.4 17.3 18.7 20.1 20.5 22.4 22.4 Standover Height 26.4 28.1 29.3 30.3 30.9 32.7 32.7 Head Tube Length 3.5 4.7 5.5 6.3 7.1 8.7 8.7 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 71.0 70.75 70.75 70.75 70.75 70.75 70.75 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 75.0 74.0 73.0 73.0 73.0 73.0 72.5 Wheelbase 39.2 39.8 40.3 40.9 41.5 42.1 42.7 Chainstay 16.9 16.9 16.9 16.9 16.9 16.9 16.9 Fork Offset 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0
Measurements are stated in inches unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...