National Geographic Colorado River Fishing & River Recreation Map Guide: Headwaters to Kremmling
A perfect companion for recreation on the Colorado River from its headwaters to Kremmling, this Fishing & River Recreation Map Guide is packed with details and maps for planning your adventures.
- Covers the Colorado River from its headwaters to Kremmling
- Includes detailed river maps at a scale of 1 inch to 1/2 mile; at this scale, every turn in the river and rapid is clearly shown and labeled
- Each page is centered on the river and overlaps with the adjacent pages so finding any location along the river is easy
- Maps include river miles, access points, private and public lands, gaging stations, recreation sites and more
- Also includes stream flow charts, hatch charts and a table of river access points
- Full UTM grids printed on the maps aid with GPS navigation
- Booklet design is more convenient and easier to use than folded maps, but just as compact and lightweight
- Printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper with stainless-steel staples
Made in USA.From the publisher:Traveling approximately 76 miles and dropping just shy of 3,000 feet in elevation, the section of the upper Colorado River represented in this map—from its headwaters to Kremmling—winds through diverse landscapes, passes near the towns of Granby, Hot Sulphur Springs, Kremmling, and Parshall, supporting a variety of ecosystems as it morphs into a powerful and mighty waterway known for prolific insect life; brown, rainbow, and brook trout (and the occasional cutthroat); wildlife viewing opportunities; and superb cultural and historical features.View all National Geographic Colorado Maps
Offering copious chances for recreation, including camping; stellar angling; and unguided rafting, kayaking, and stand-up paddle boarding on the Fraser River between Tabernash and Granby and through Byers Canyon (a classic Class IV run on the Colorado River), this waterway and its tributaries—which are the lifeblood of the basin—draw nature lovers, explorers, and anglers from across the globe seeking to experience the Colorado's world-class fly-fishing, spectacular scenery, and remarkable adventure opportunities.
State / Province
9.25 x 4.25 inches
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...