Garmin GPSMAP 66i
Precise GPS navigation meets global messaging in the rugged, handheld Garmin GPSMAP 66i. It comes with preloaded TOPO maps and inReach® technology (subscription required) for 2-way messaging and SOS.
- Button-operated GPS handheld and satellite communicator with interactive SOS alerts
- Large 3 in. sunlight-readable color display is easy to view
- Buttons provide simple operation even with gloves or in the rain
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the GEOS 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center; exchange 2-way messages via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network (subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping with direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads (no annual subscription)
- Includes multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
- Cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live
- Compatible with the Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hrs. of battery life in 10 min. tracking mode (and 1 min. tracking mode with display off
- Expedition mode (30 min. tracking intervals) provides up to 200 hrs. of battery life
- IPX7 rating means the GPSMAP 66i is considered waterproof; it can withstand submersion in water up to 1m deep for up to 30 min.
A subscription plan is required to send and receive satellite messages on this device. Visit vendor website to shop satellite subscription plans and additional services.
|Average Battery Life|
Up to 35 hours
|Number of Waypoints|
|Visual Map Display|
6.4 x 2.6 x 1.4 inches
|Number of Routes|
|Quad Helix Antenna|
Windows / Mac
240 x 400 pixels