Mountaineers Books Rock Climbing Anchors: A Comprehensive Guide - Second Edition
This second edition of the best-selling Rock Climbing Anchors: A Comprehensive Guide helps you master the craft of anchor-building, using engineer Craig Luebben's rock climbing anchors.
- In this updated edition, experienced climber Topher Donahue continues to teach the art of anchors, from the basics of gear to how to improvise in any climbing situation.
- Easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions
- 400 new color photos demonstrate techniques
Imported.From the publisher: Stuck in a sketchy corner, low on gear, cordelette snagged? Topher Donahue teaches you how to problem-solve and manage gear along the way. With thoughtful instruction informed by hard-earned knowledge from decades on the rock, Rock Climbing Anchors is essential reading for all climbers looking to improve their skills.View all Mountaineers Books Climbing Instructional Books
Key updates include:
- Improved content hierarchy, reading efficiency, and technique emphasis
- Pros vs Cons comparison lists
- Technological advances and changes in gear and standards
- Graphic illustrations of forces, movement, "right" vs "wrong" technique and more
- New section on anchor considerations for the climbing gym
- New distinction between "anchor" and "placement" or "piece"
6.75 x 8.5 inches
Topher Donahue and Craig Luebben
Number of Pages
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...