Mountaineers Books Campfire Stories: Tales from America's National Parks
Bringing together tales about 6 iconic national parks, Campfire Stories includes tales from indigenous peoples, writers (such as John Muir and Bill Bryson), pioneers and more.
- Co-editors Dave and Ilyssa Kyu spent six months traveling and researching the stories collected here.
- Park rangers, historians, artists, curators, educators, and local residents all offered guidance and suggestions.
Co-editors Dave and Ilyssa Kyu spent five months traveling and researching the stories in the book. They gathered each of these stories from public libraries, historical societies, arts and cultural organizations, museums, research centers, and national park archives. They interviewed park rangers, historians, artists, curators, educators, and local residents, who all offered insights and guidance into the essence of each place, which was than used to select entertaining, diverse, and engaging writings that reflected each park and best told around a campfire.
Campfire Stories focuses on these six iconic national parks:
- Acadia National Park
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Yosemite National Park
- Zion National Park
8.5 x 6 inches
Dave Kyu and Ilyssa Kyu
|Number of Pages