Salsa Journeyman Apex 1 700 Bike
This product is not available.Shop similar products
The Salsa Journeyman Apex 1 700 bike is an all-road bike with the chops to fulfill a wide variety of missions, whether you're wandering the backroads, bikepacking or racing gravel.
- Journeyman utilizes the same custom top tube and down tube Salsa developed for the Warbird aluminum, with new seatstays, chainstays, and dropouts in 6061-T6 aluminum to match
- The entire frame is then heat treated to T6 alloy standards for extra strength and durability
- 700c wheels with 37mm tires are fast rolling and efficient, and the best choice if speed is a high priority
- Salsa Cowbell drop bar handlebar provides multiple hand positions, increasing comfort and efficiency on long rides, and an aerodynamic position when stiff headwinds arise
- Feature-packed full-carbon fork with a tapered steerer and flat-mount brake
- A crown light mount, fender eyelets, mid-blade mounts for low-rider racks and 3-pack mounts for the Anything cages (sold separately) or water bottles
- Inspired by the Vaya and Warbird, the Journeyman geometry is comfortable and stable, whether it's your daily driver or you're entering your first gravel race
- It's spirited when you want it to be, but relaxed enough to leave you with the energy for long rides
- Full-length housing improves shifting performance in poor conditions and increases use time between maintenance intervals; internal routing creates a clean, uncluttered look
- Integrated front and rear fender mounts help you achieve drier riding in inclement weather (fenders not included)
- Low-rider rack capability on the fork with mid-blade mounts with integrated mounts for a rear rack
- For optimal rear rack fit, the Salsa Wanderlust rack (not included) is recommended
- Install the Salsa EXP Series top tube bag (sold separately) using Journeyman's integrated top tube mounts
- Pedals sold separately; specs and images are subject to change
Imported.Free Adjustment Period:View all Salsa Adventure Touring Bikes
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Bike Frame Material
SRAM Apex 1 X-Sync, 40t
SRAM Apex 1
SRAM Apex 1
SRAM PG 1130, 11-42t
Number of Gears
Mechanical Disc Brake
TRP Spyre-C, 160mm rotors
WTB ST i19 TCS 2.0 700c
Novatec 32h, 100 QR
Novatec 32h, 135mm QR
WTB Riddler 700 x 37mm Comp
WTB Volt Sport
VP Sealed Bearing
SRAM PC 1110
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
50 CM 52 CM 54 CM 55 CM 57 CM 59.5 CM Height Range 152 - 160cm 157 - 165cm 165 - 175cm 173 - 183cm 180 - 190cm 188cm - UP Reach 364 364 367 373 379 394 Stack 528 544 567 595 624 639 Effective Top Tube 500 520 540 555 570 595 Seat Tube Center-Top 380 450 470 510 530 560 Standover Height 666 720 742 778 801 823 Head Tube Length 100 115 140 170 200 215 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 70 70.5 70.5 70.5 70.5 70.5 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 75.5 74 73 73 73 72.5 Wheelbase 1,017 1,018 1,029 1,045 1,061 1,081 Chainstay 440 440 440 440 440 440 Fork Offset 50 50 50 50 50 50
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...