Mountaineers Books Best Hikes with Kids: St. Louis and Beyond
A full-color guide packed with tips and strategies for hiking families, Best Hikes with Kids: St. Louis and Beyond gets kids outside and on the path to a lifelong connection with the outdoors.
- Guide is divided into 4 sections: in and around the city of St. Louis, destinations in nearby Illinois, trails in northwest St. Louis County, and locales farther south
- Hike descriptions point out things of interest to kids, such as unique geology (caves and sinkholes), places for a quick splash in a creek, or spots to hunt for lizards
- Parents will appreciate cautions about sharp drop-offs or tips for potty time on the trail
- Includes tips and strategies for hiking with kids—how to motivate them, what's appropriate for different ages—as well as sidebars with games, nature facts and more
- 'Best of' lists highlight groups of top 5 hikes with special features to help parents select trips their kids will enjoy
- Access details including GPS trailhead coordinates and info on permits, fees and other info, like barrier-free or ADA-accessible trails and suitability for jogging strollers
- Direct and accurate driving directions and notes on public transit options are provided where available
- Full color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Author Kathy Schrenk formed a social media group for parents who wanted to join her and her 3 kids on hikes around St.Louis—a few years later, it has thousands of members
Made in USA.View the Mountaineers Books Best Hikes with Kids Product LineView all Mountaineers Books Midwest Hiking Guidebooks
7.5 x 5 inches
Number of Pages
State / Province
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...