Mountaineers Books Best Hikes with Kids: St. Louis and Beyond
A full-color guide packed with tips and strategies for hiking families, Best Hikes with Kids: St. Louis and Beyond gets kids outside and on the path to a lifelong connection with the outdoors.
- Guide is divided into 4 sections: in and around the city of St. Louis, destinations in nearby Illinois, trails in northwest St. Louis County, and locales farther south
- Hike descriptions point out things of interest to kids, such as unique geology (caves and sinkholes), places for a quick splash in a creek, or spots to hunt for lizards
- Parents will appreciate cautions about sharp drop-offs or tips for potty time on the trail
- Includes tips and strategies for hiking with kids—how to motivate them, what's appropriate for different ages—as well as sidebars with games, nature facts and more
- 'Best of' lists highlight groups of top 5 hikes with special features to help parents select trips their kids will enjoy
- Access details including GPS trailhead coordinates and info on permits, fees and other info, like barrier-free or ADA-accessible trails and suitability for jogging strollers
- Direct and accurate driving directions and notes on public transit options are provided where available
- Full color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Author Kathy Schrenk formed a social media group for parents who wanted to join her and her 3 kids on hikes around St.Louis—a few years later, it has thousands of members
Made in USA.View all Mountaineers Books Midwest Hiking Guidebooks
7.5 x 5 inches
Number of Pages
State / Province
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...