Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 1x Fat Bike
This product is not available.Shop similar products
The objective of the Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 1x fat bike is simple: to keep you in the express lane wherever you're headed, whether that's racing on a singletrack or going on a bikepacking trip.
- High-modulus carbon fiber frame offers improved stiffness, better vibration damping, excellent durability and weight savings compared to other frame materials
- Beargrease geometry features 445mm chainstays, longer front/center, short stems and wide bars to create room to move and add confidence while maneuvering on tight trails
- Geometry results in a fat bike that rides like a trail bike; it's stable, steers well in loose conditions and still remains nimble and agile despite massive wheels and tires
- A low bottom bracket height keeps your center of gravity low, making dabbing, dismounting and remounting easier
- 27.5 x 4 in. wheel and tire size provides increased rollover, a longer contact patch and the flotation of a 5 in. tire without the added rolling resistance
- Optimal drivetrain design with narrow Q-factor cranks creates less knee stress
- Internal sleeved cable routing improves shifting performance in poor conditions, increases time between maintenance intervals and makes running new cables and housing easy
- Compatible with 30.9mm dropper seatposts (not included) for true trail bike riding experiences and features stealth routing
- Rear rack compatible; designed for use with the Salsa Alternator 170/177 rear rack, with the addition of a Salsa Rack-Lock seat collar (not included)
- Multiple accessory frame mounts included; toptube bosses for Salsa EXP Series top-tube bag (sold separately), 1 accessory mount underneath downtube
- 2 water bottle mounts inside frame triangle on SM to XL frame sizes; 1 water bottle mount inside frame triangle on XS frame size
- Bearpaw carbon fork features a 150 x 15mm thru axle that boosts stiffness and improves steering precision; suspension fork compatible;
- Fork also features Salsa's Three-Pack mounts for accessorizing with Anything Cages or water bottle cages
- Multiple wheel and tire fit
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Salsa Beargrease Product LineView all Salsa Rigid Mountain Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Mountain Bike Style
Beargrease Carbon V2
Race Face Ride, direct mount 28t
Shimano Deore 1x
Shimano Deore Shadow+
Shimano Deore 11-42t
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
SRAM Level, Centerline 160mm rotors
SUN Ringle Muleft SL 80 27.5" x 80mm
SUN Ringle SRC 150mm Hub
SUN Ringle SRC 197mm Hub
Maxxis Minion FBF Front and FBR Rear, 27.5" x 3.8", 120 tpi
Salsa Salt Flat /Rustler (size specific)
Salsa Guide Trail
WTB Volt Sport
Cane Creek 40
XS S M L XL Height Range 157-165 cm 165-175 cm 175-183 cm 183-190 cm 190-UP cm Reach 390.8 408.4 426.5 444.7 462.8 Stack 597.4 606.7 616.0 625.3 Effective Top Tube 565 591 612 633 654 Seat Tube Center-Top 368 406 444 483 521 Standover Height 684.5 726.6 744.4 774.8 804.0 Head Tube Length 98 108 118 128 138 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 68.56 68.56 68.56 68.56 68.56 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73.5 73 73 73 73 Wheelbase 1086.2 1107.4 1129.2 1151.0 1172.9 Chainstay 440 440 440 440 440 Fork Offset 483 483 483 483 483
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...