Pure Cycles Coaster Bike
The Pure Cycles Coaster is biking made simple. 1 speed, no cables, no levers, no nonsense—just you, your bike and the road. It's great for quick errands, slow rolls and late-night party rides.
- Hands-free coaster brake allows easy, intuitive stopping—just push back on the pedals to stop
- Lightweight steel frame is stronger than aluminum and helps to soften the vibrations of the road; sealed bottom bracket supplies smooth pedaling
- Custom-engineered geometry and sweptback bars provide a comfortable, upright ride
- Easy-riding single-speed bike is great for quick errands and recreational rides around town
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
High-tensile steel 1" threaded
Alloy 3pc arms, 42t chainring
Square taper sealed cartridge
|Number of Gears|
Pure Cycles 25mm deep alloy 32 hole rims
Steel front hub
Coaster brake rear hub
Freedom Wedge 700 x 32c
Pure Cycles ergo bar
Pure Cycles alloy quill
Alloy micro-adjust, 25.4 x 300mm
9/16 Nylon platform
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
|50 CM||54 CM||58 CM|
|Height Range||5'4" - 5'7"||5'7" - 5'11"||5'11" - 6'5"|
|Effective Top Tube||525||550||580|
|Seat Tube Center-Top||500||550||580|
|Standover Height||749 (29.5")||781 (30.75")||825 (32.5")|
|Head Tube Length||100||115||160|
|Head Tube Angle (degrees)||70||71||72|
|Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||74.5||74||73|
|Bottom Bracket Height||70||70||68|
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
With a Relaxed Geometry, the average rider's back will be at 60°. You'll only be leaned slightly forward for maximum comfort on long rides.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.