Product Image of color Fire loading
TheTentLab The Deuce #2 UL Backcountry Trowel
The Deuce #2 UL trowel from TheTentLab is a revolutionary ultralight backcountry latrine trowel that can be used with the handle up or, for 4 times the digging power, handle down.
- Regularly using this trowel requires using "Advanced Techniques"; see User Manual on this page for details and instructions
- 4 teeth on the leading edge of the blade are shaped and placed for cutting roots up to 0.5 in. thick as you run into them in your cat hole; teeth don't obstruct normal digging
- Finger-grip contours on the handle ensure a secure grip
- Thin edge of aerospace-grade aluminum cuts through small roots and tough ground
- Weighs just 17 grams (0.6 o.z), which is the weight of 3 U.S. quarters
- Minimalist, incognito design
- Also makes a great sand stake, shoe horn; bear-canister screw tool, bottle opener or sandcastle sculpter
- 100% recyclable; just drop it into any aluminum recycle bin
- Designed in Colorado by TheTentLab; some colors made in Colorado, other colors made in Korea
Imported.Leave No Trace: Consult specific land management agencies for waste rules. At lower elevations, you may be able to deposit solid and menstrual waste (such as from a menstrual cup) in cat holes dug 6 to 8 inches deep at least 200 feet from water, camp, trails and drainages. To minimize impact, we strongly recommend that you pack out used toilet paper, even if burying is permitted by the land management agency. Always pack out wipes (even those that are labeled biodegradable or compostable) and menstrual hygiene products.View all TheTentLab Camp Shovels
6.8 x 2.5 x 0.8 inches
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...